Sometimes the publications you want to read are in a different language.
Our newest feature — Auto-Translate* — makes that a thing of the past. It can be used to read (almost) any publication in a chosen language, allowing you or your users to get more out of PressReader.
What is Auto-Translate?
The Auto-Translate feature allows iOS app users to automatically translate full publications in Text View from an origin language into their selected language.
- In the app, open your desired publication.
- In Text View, click on the the three-dot menu and select Translate
- If the user selects “Yes”, all other articles in the publication will be auto-translated from the original language to the selected language.
- Other downloaded publications in the same origin (e.g. English) language will be translated to the destination language (e.g., German) automatically.
- If the user selects “No”, only the individual article is translated. The other articles in the publication will remain in the original language.
- If the user selects “Don’t show this again”, it will turn off the “Prompt to save languages” and will not prompt the user in subsequent languages.
How to Manage Language Preferences
- Language Pairing settings
- Saved Language pairings will be stored, and can be deleted here.
- Up to 3 language pairings can be set.
- If the user requests more than 3 language pairings, the user will be prompted to manage their saved language pairings
How can this help you?
- More quality content, within reach.
- Manage your settings only once.
- Understand topics of interest better, right from the source.
- Make better decisions by accessing a broader perspective.
Questions? Please email our Customer support.
* This feature is currently available on paid plans in select countries on iOS and Android.