Transitioning from Library PressDisplay to PressReader
Think of PressReader as the upgraded version of Library Press Display (LPD).
Our app and website are intuitively designed for a simple user experience. Our responsive HTML5 interface and personalization options provide users with a customized reading experience every time. Rather than patrons sharing a single library account, now they can create free individual accounts that are tailored to their needs. With PressReader, Libraries can offer patrons full access to 5,000+ publications in 60+ languages from over 100 countries on their personal mobile devices, tablets and laptops.
Free PressReader personal accounts:
- Sync content across devices – when a user downloads the PressReader app on their device they sync their content and downloads across the website and app. In other words, a user viewing the online site in your library can ‘push’ a publication to their tablet that’s sitting at home.
- Customize what content and story types appear on their personalized home feed
- Bookmark articles for later reading
- Curate collections of newspapers and magazines to share on their personal channel
- Set up alerts for topics of interest based on their preferences (Once a day, every other day or as it happens!)
- Share and interact. Patrons can engage using social sharing and commenting. They can even create opinions around topics and view how many people support their statements.
- One-step download of the PressReader app. (recommended)
- Remotely via PressReader’s website – www.PressReader.com
Authentication methods available are:
- IP Authentication
- URL referral
- EZ Proxy
- Bar Code (March 1, 2016)
- Radiant Access
Want to get setup?
Contact us to setup additional authentication methods.
All you need to do is update information on your website, tell your staff about PressReader and promote PressReader to your visitors. Yup, that’s it! We take care of the rest.
To request marketing materials visit – http://blog.pressreader.com/businessblog/welcome-pressreader-libraries/
Visit our PressReader Help Center to find tutorials and a Quick Start Guide to get you on your way: https://care.pressreader.com/hc/en-us
If you wish to follow a step-by-step guide please visit: http://blog.pressreader.com/businessblog/use-pressreader/
You bet! Our library Blog offers an array of marketing materials including tutorials and other promotional materials you can print locally to create awareness. For access to the Librarian’s blog, please contact us .
Library PressDisplay is a legacy product. It continues to run but we will no longer provide support for it. As of September 1st 2016 Library PressDisplay will be shutoff and library patrons trying to access this service will be redirected to the PressReader site (www.pressreader.com).
We strongly encourage you to start the transition today. Your users will simply get more value out of PressReader once you make the switch.
Drop us a line and someone on our team will get back to you as soon as possible.