Follow your favorite news stories with Topics
#TechTuesday: Customize your #news! Stay updated with the latest on your favorite topics by creating your own on PressReader. This feature is unlocked when you register a free account, and enables you to customize and organize stories that interest you. If you like, you can receive updates via email, or just login to read the latest articles. Each topic will pull together related top stories that also appear in your Home Feed.
Ready to set up your own? Here’s how:
- Visit PressReader.com and sign in, or create your free account.
- Tap on the logo at the top of the page, and select Add Topic.
- Type in the keyword or phrase that you think will trigger the best stories.
- Choose where you’d like PressReader to scan for this topic. You can choose any title or country to monitor.
- Specify the language of returned stories. (This is optional, since PressReader includes the option to translate any article.)
- Decide whether you’d like to search the entire body of the article, or just the headline.
- Then choose whether you’d prefer Top Stories* to aggregate popular search phrases for you. Turn this off if you’d like to see every story associated with that topic, beginning with the most recently published article.
*NEW* You’ll only find the Top Stories check box available when you visit PressReader.com. When you mark the Top Stories check box, PressReader will filter and present only the best articles that match search criteria instead of the entire search result set. Readers get the most relevant news from the most recognizable sources, without content duplication. Deselecting Top Stories will return the full search results.
The PressReader Team