Our Top 10 Favourite PressReader Moments of 2014
This has been a big, exciting year at PressReader. We’ve seen an incredible amount of growth, from our team to our title list to the number of PressReader HotSpots active around the world. To celebrate the end of the year, we’re taking a few moments to reflect on ten big announcements we made in 2014. There were so many to choose from, but here are a few of the best. If all of these things can happen in one year, we can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store!
10. The Athletes’ Village and Sochi Media Center offered PressReader at the 2014 Winter Games.
PressReader was made available for athletes and media at Sochi, and we even distributed the ‘Olympic Village Newspaper’ on our platform. This is proof positive that our content offering is truly unparalleled in the industry. We’re honoured to have been a part of the one of the biggest events in the world this year.
9. Traders Hotels launched PressReader at all of their properties in Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
During their launch event, the Traders team even built a tower of newspapers in a hotel lobby to demonstrate just how much paper waste they’d be saving by implementing PressReader. They also outfitted their staff in custom PressReader t-shirts. This was a terrific launch, and we’re proud to be partners with such a creative, engaged company.
8. The Trump Hotel Collection launched PressReader brand-wide.
After a successful implementation of PressReader in their Chicago property, the Trump team decided to make PressReader available to all of their guests at their luxury hotels everywhere. We’re very proud to be partners with such a leading luxury hospitality brand.
7. Seabourn Cruise Line began offering PressReader on their award-winning ships.
PressReader has taken off with cruise lines, and our partnership with Seabourn is the perfect case study. Their luxurious, intimate ships are known for their attention to detail and a level of service that is consistently ranked ‘best of the best.’ PressReader was a logical addition to their amenity-offering, and we’ve been incredibly pleased to see it take off with their guests.
6. Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts announced they would offer PressReader group-wide.
Shangri-La is a world leader in luxury hotels, and following the success of the Traders partnership with PressReader, they brought our service to all of their properties around the world. They were also the first brand to extend complimentary Wi-Fi service and PressReader access to their hotel cars.
5. Researchers in Antarctica sent us photos of their team using PressReader – surrounded by penguins and sea lions!
The astounding growth of PressReader worldwide extends all the way to Antarctica. These photos speak for themselves.
4. We launched our new app for iOS, Blackberry and Android, radically improving the reading experience on PressReader.
After carefully considering feedback from our users, our development team worked hard to bring in some big changes to the PressReader app. New features and an enriched user experience mean that PressReader is now better than ever!
3. With the addition of Condé Nast France titles, our magazine count passed 1,000.
A new partnership with Condé Nast International France (including titles like Vogue, GQ, Vanity Fair, and others) helped us cross the 1,000 magazine mark. Between our incredible newspaper and magazine title collections, we offer unlimited access to more than 3,500 publications.
2. Accor’s brand-wide PressReader launch extended PressReader availability to more than 800,000 hotel rooms worldwide.
The launch of our biggest partnership yet, with global hospitality leader Accor, confirmed that PressReader would become available in the thousands of hotels around the world that operate under the Accor umbrella. These include brands like Sofitel, Novotel, Ibis, Pullman, Mercure and others.
1. The debut of our HotSpot Map connected thousands of our business partners directly with millions of users.
Our team was thrilled to introduce the PressReader HotSpot Map, a revolutionary feature that helps PressReader users everywhere find HotSpot locations where they can enjoy sponsored access to our entire catalog. It’s a game-changer.
To learn more about PressReader and to join our exciting journey as a business partner, get in touch.