New PressReader iOS App Improves Content Discoverability and Reader Experience
It’s now even easier to enjoy 3,000+ newspapers and magazines online and on mobile devices
We’re excited to announce that this week we’ve released an updated version of the PressReader app, bringing a number of big changes that will improve reader experience.
The updated app has better search and display functionality, allowing users to more easily discover great titles in over 100 countries and 60 languages. A stunning new visual display makes it easy to discover new publications by category, publication type, country or language. The app also allows for better-than-ever personalization, so readers can customize their home feed with their favorite titles and sections to create a truly customized reading experience. And, it’s now possible to consume full stories (not just snippets) straight from the home feed in a constant stream, so users stay up to date and never miss an important story.
Key features include:
1. Categories: find new special interest titles faster with the ability to further filter by interests, language, country and publication type
2. SmartFlow: read full stories easily in an attention-grabbing, horizontal news stream format
3. PageView: read full publications or pages just as they appear in print
4. Bookmarks: store, organize and automatically sync articles across devices for later reading, reference or social sharing
5. Radio: choose articles or publications from the app and have them read out loud
6. Translation: instantly translate stories in up to 17 languages
Adding value for our business partners
We’re also proud to introduce this updated app to our thousands of partners around the world, whose customers and guests use PressReader to access their favorite newspapers and magazines every day. We work with organizations including libraries, hotels, corporate offices, airport lounges, airlines, cruise lines and many others. We’re committed to innovating the way people consume content, and the new PressReader app will help us to continue to add value for each and every one of these partners.