PressReader now available for Mac OS X
From a content, connectivity and portability perspective, there’s no question tablets like the iPad have earned their keep with consumers. But while the popularity of these devices continues to grow, it’s unrealistic to think they’ll fully replace the laptop and desktop computers individuals continue relying on each and every day for business and pleasure.
Recognizing this, NewspaperDirect is extremely pleased to Apple faithfuls that they can now access over 2,300 full-content newspapers and magazines directly on their MacBooks and iMacs through a brand new OS X optimized version of its award-winning PressReader app.
Using HTML5 and the powerful Mac OS rendering engine, this new version of PressReader brings you the best reading experience web and native app technologies have to offer.
And like PressReader for iPad, PressReader for Mac OS presents entire newspapers and magazines in high resolution just as they were originally printed for you to enjoy both online and off.
Reaching readers on every screen has always been our mission. By integrating HTML5 and native rendering, we bring a faster and more consistent reading experience across all platforms, without compromising on the high performance features which set PressReader apart from other news apps.
-Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect
2 Ways to Read Your Paper
We know you love your newspapers and magazines, so we made sure to include our Page View mode and our SmartFlow mode, both which allow you to pan and zoom into images and text with stunning clarity.
- High-definition Replica / Page View allows you to read your paper just like a traditional newspaper in its original layout
- SmartFlow creates a a continuous stream articles and images that allows you to expand full articles in place
- Click-and-hold (i.e. Long Press) activation of contextually driven actions in Page and SmartFlow views:
- Listen to articles using on-demand audio with animation to show article in context on a page
- Print full pages or individual articles
- Share articles by email, Facebook, or Twitter
- Copy and paste articles into note taking applications such as Evernote and Instapaper
- Share opinions by supporting or opposing a story
- Change font and text size to suit your reading needs
- Search for stories across all 2,300+ publications
- Back issue access
Where to get it:
Download it for free at the Mac App Store.
PressReader for Mac requires OS X 10.6.6 or later.