PressReader preloaded on new Kobo Vox eReader!
Kobo, a global leader in eReading with more than five million users worldwide, has partnered with NewspaperDirect to provide premium news content on the new Kobo Vox eReader. The new device, which consumers can order online today and starts shipping this week, is preloaded with NewspaperDirect’s PressReader application, giving Kobo Vox owners access to more than 2,000 news publications from 95 countries and in 51 languages — all for immediate download. And, to give Kobo Vox owners a taste of what it’s like to browse newspapers from around the world, users can download their choice of 7 issues from PressReader’s extensive library of publications for free.
With PressReader, Kobo Vox users can interact with digital editions of their favourite publications and read them from cover to cover, just as they would in print – including premium publications such as Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily Mail, International Herald Tribune, Irish Times, La Tribune, Le Monde, The Globe and Mail, The Australian, The Guardian and The Washington Post, to name just a few.
- Presentation of complete digital replicas of newspapers, often before the print version is on the newsstands
- Browsing of entire publications in portrait or landscape mode with one finger (including zoom, pan and scroll)
- A rich graphics page view and an easy-to-read text view for individual articles
- Fast navigation from article to article or to a favorite section using the Table of Contents
- Cross-title search of keywords and phrases
- Automatic download of favorite publications for offline reading
- Sharing of articles through email, Facebook and Twitter
- On-demand narration of news stories
- Integration with an existing PressDisplay.com subscription
Kobo offers the World’s Largest Bookstore with a selection of over 2.2 million books including today’s newest releases, New York Times® bestsellers and over 1 million free titles. With our new Kobo Vox eReader, we aimed to give our users the widest possible array of digital content, and NewspaperDirect was the obvious choice for the world’s best and largest selection of digital newspapers,” said Michael Tamblyn, EVP of content, sales and merchandising at Kobo. “We are confident that our customers are going to love reading their favorite newspapers on PressReader and sharing articles with their friends through email and social networks.
“NewspaperDirect is committed to delivering the widest selection of premium news content to readers on their screen of choice,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “PressReader preloaded on the Kobo Vox not only opens the world’s press to users right out of the box, it provides a visually rich and interactive reading experience that is second to none.”