PressReader for Android Released!
PressReader for Android has been released and is now available for download through the Android Market! To check it out, simply scan the QR Code to the left with your device.
With PressReader, users will now be able to read over 1,750 full-content newspapers from 92 countries in 48 languages on their favorite Android smartphone or tablet. And just like PressReader for iPad/iPhone, PressReader for Android will allow readers to:
- Set up automated subscriptions to their favorite titles
- Flip pages like their reading real publications
- Pan and zoom articles and photos and view in stunning clarity
- Easily browse publications using page thumbnails or interactive tables of contents
- Open full articles in easy-to-read text view
- Share articles by email
- Listen to publications using on-demand audio
- Search across titles and select titles they wish to download
- Authorize PressReader as part of their PressDisplay.com subscription
“From the moment PressReader hit the iPad, we received countless requests for the same app on Android devices,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “With the launch of PressReader for Android, we have opened up a wealth of new delivery channels for our publishing partners. And while publishers enjoy the increased audited circulation and revenues that come with being part of PressReader, SmartEdition publishers can also choose to white-label PressReader for their loyal subscribers at zero operational cost to them.”
For those who are new to PressReader or PressDisplay.com, enjoy 7 free trial issues once PressReader has been downloaded. If you’d like to learn a little more about PressReader, make sure to check out http://www.pressreader.com/android.html.
If you’re already a PressDisplay.com subscriber, click here for instructions on how to authorize PressReader.
As always, we would love to get as much feedback as possible so please send all of your comments and suggestions to email@example.com or be the first to comment on this post.