NewspaperDirect gearing up for Apple iPad! PressReader version 1.3.1 released for iPhone/iPod Touch
What a great day! With the sun shining down on Vancouver and the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in full swing, NewspaperDirect today announced the release of version 1.3.1 of our popular PressReader application for both the iPhone and iPod Touch as well as a version of PressReader for the upcoming Apple iPad!
With the release, NewspaperDirect would love to express our sincere thanks to all the subscribers who took the time to provide us with valued feedback. The new iPhone and iPod Touch PressReader enhancements will see PressDisplay.com users benefit from improved navigational features, help utilities and most importantly, easier authorization of PressDisplay accounts. Here is the complete list of features version 1.3.1 of PressReader offers:
- Navigate publications using thumbnails or tables of contents, divided by section
- Jump to next page using article hyperlinks
- View stories as rich graphics or text views
- Access on-demand audio
- Share articles via email
- Subscribers can set up automated subscriptions to automatically download their favorite titles every day
- Download and pay directly from online view
- Search online across titles and select title for download from search results
- Access Help with instructions and a handy video demo
- Ability to use existing PressDisplay.com account along with standalone device authorization.
With 1,400 + titles available to our subscribers, our goal is to make the PressReader application as comprehensive, user friendly and easy to use as possible.
“Other news applications for the iPhone offer limited website access or an abridged version of the publisher’s content, whereas PressReader delivers your favorite publication in its entirety and original layout – it’s just like reading the paper,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “We’re continually enhancing PressReader for iPhone in response to user feedback, and the upcoming version for Apple iPad will deliver an immersive and visually stunning experience.”
With a little over a week and half left until the closing ceremonies of the Olympic Games and Apple iPad availability nearing, now is the perfect time to test PressReader out on your Apple device. Enjoy and make sure to keep sending us your feedback!