Q&A about: Offline Reading
In this post, I’ll share with you some answers to questions PressDisplay.com users asked about our PressReader software. Feel free to suggest other questions for this post and we’ll do our best to answer them. Also, don’t forget to check out the help files on PressDisplay.com related to this area.
1. Why can’t I save a paper as a PDF?
The PressReader software was designed to give users the same rich experience they receive when reading their newspapers in PressDisplay.com, plus some additional enhancements such as:
• New Interface – read and manage your publications with incredible ease and clarity
• SmartNavigation – utilize text view and other powerful advanced tools
• Search – search all content held within your library
• Subscriptions – create and manage your subscriptions
• Recent Issues – return to your most recently read issues
Due to the offline storage limitations imposed by our publishers we are not able to provide PDF support where users could export an entire paper into PDF. There would be no way we could control the life of the document or the printing of it. As you are aware, printing of newspapers in PressDisplay.com is limited to articles and single pages only.
Note, however, that you can print to PDF an individual article or a page in a newspaper in the same way you send a file to a printer.