Data Protection Subject Access Requests
What kind of personal information can you access under a SAR?
Your right of access to information will vary accordingly to applicable data protection law. For example, under GDPR, your right of access to personal information includes:
- Asking what, if any, of your personal information we hold and where we received it from
- Requesting a description of your personal information or a copy of the personal information itself
- Reviewing the purposes for which we process your personal information
- Understanding to whom we may disclose your personal information, if anyone, including any transfers of your personal information
- Understand what kind of automated decisions are being made with respect to your personal information, and request human intervention
- Ask us to assist you in transferring your data to you or to a third party, under certain circumstances
Users who are not entitled to make a SAR under applicable data protection law may make a SAR, however, PressReader is under no legal obligation to respond to the SAR. Where permitted by applicable data protection law, PressReader may charge a fee for processing a SAR.
What a SAR does not cover.
Your rights do not extend to a request for PressReader to remove information about you in content published on our site by our publishing partners. For information on how to request the removal of content from our site, please click here.
When you can expect to receive a response.
Once we are satisfied that we have received all relevant information with respect to your SAR, including adequate verification of your identity and/or confirmation that you are entitled to receive the personal information requested in the SAR, we will respond to your SAR within the time frame specified by applicable data protection law. Under GDPR, that’s thirty (30) days.
Made it this far? OK, it’s time.
Please complete the following form in order to submit your SAR. Alternatively, you can snail mail your SAR request to us, by putting your SAR request in a letter, including all of the information requested by us below, and mailing that letter: PressReader International Limited, 2nd Floor, The Boat House, Bishop Street, Dublin 8, Ireland D08 H01F, attention: Chief Privacy Officer